A Christ-Centered Education
Providence Academy provides a Christ-Centered education by
- Teaching all subjects as part of an integrated whole with the Scriptures at the center.
- Providing a clear model of the Biblical, Christian life through our staff and board.
- Encouraging every student to begin and develop his or her relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ.
Using Classical Methods
Classical methodology includes the following:
- Emphasizing grammar, logic, and rhetoric in all subjects:
- Grammar– the fundamental rules of each subject.
- Logic–the ordered relationship of particulars in each subject.
- Rhetoric– how the grammar and logic of each subject may be clearly expressed.
- Encouraging all students to develop a love for learning and to live up to their academic potential.
- Providing an orderly atmosphere conducive to the attainment of the above goals.
As a "Discipleship Model" of a Christian school, Providence Academy's commitment is to the education of children from Christian families. For our curricular objectives to be accomplished, it is important that the home, the church, and the school communicate the same message to the children in regards to who God is, the purposes for which God has created us, how we should treat others, and what things are dishonoring to God, etc. This continuity of message, which hopes to ensure less confusion on the part of the child, enables the school to go about its business of providing a quality Christian education to its students.
In Loco Parentis
Providence Academy recognizes that God has established spheres of earthly authority, including the family. He has entrusted specifically to parents the responsibility to educate their children (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Ephesians 6:4). Therefore, Providence Academy is established to operate as an extension of the family to cooperatively assist parents to carry out their God-given educational duty (in loco parentis – in the place of the parent) by providing the particular type of Christian education outlined in the school’s by-laws and mission statement.